Glenview Elementary School (Oakland Unified School District)
For this project, SUDA affiliate, Alan Dones Company (ADCo), partnered with Alten Construction and Turner Group Construction to build their third project as ADCo/Turner Group/Alten JV. Our team is collaborating with HKIT Architects, Oakland Unified School District and SGI Construction Management to create a new, net zero energy elementary school campus in Oakland. The new structure included classrooms, administration offices, flexible program space, a library, a kitchen and a multipurpose room.
A new modern classroom building was constructed at the original Glenview Elementary site. The new building replaced the old current classroom buildings and relocatables. The new classroom building includes preservation of the original existing main entry and accompanying façade. The yard in front of main entry was be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs provided accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new multipurpose/classroom building also features:
- A New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Owner: Oakland Unified School District
- Project Size: 53,321 sq ft
- Grand Opening: August 2020
- Budget: $58 million (funded by Measure J Bond)